Old 05-13-2021, 06:36 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm in! Thanks, Mags, I love the poem.
No more crapulousness for me, thankyouverymuch.

Reid, that is a lot to be dealing with. You already know drinking wouldn't help, so I won't say it.
Whitehorses, I hope your arm heals well. Stay the sober course! It will help the healing if you stay sober!
Jo, congrats on finishing the concrete, even with the accidental dips! I hope your asthma settles down.

Good to see everyone. I will be busy again this weekend, so many projects to work on. Younger daughter is now home from college, and we have to get her clothing sorted and buy some new things for her because she's going on her first grown-up trip with friends in a few weeks. I'm happy for her but I'm also really having a hard time letting her go off without me. I will worry every minute she is gone. We do quite a bit of traveling so she will be basically ok, and her friends know what they are doing mostly too, I think. It will be a learning experience for both of us. They did make all the arrangements themselves, and seem to have done a good job at that.

I'm happy that we finally seem to have spring here. It's been quite cold at night up until now, and just yesterday I was able to start planting some flowers in pots for my deck. I have had them in my garage at night in their nursery pots for almost 2 weeks, and they really needed to get into their new homes. I think we are done having the really cold weather at night now (fingers crossed). It's my favorite time of year and my busiest. I wish I had more time to just kick back and enjoy the warm weather.