View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 08:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Flynn84

The unresolved issue is that our last interaction was over a misunderstanding. I sent his dad a text for some advice that was completely unrelated to him. I wanted to talk to his dad about what I should say to my mother regarding me leaving my job. I'm part of the vulnerable population, so COVID and working with a group of 600 people was not a good idea at the time. His dad and my mother are VERY similar people, so I thought I'd get his perspective. The problem was he had his dad's phone that night, and he called me yelling. I told him it didn't have anything to do with him. He told me to never talk to him or his parents again. I went over and spoke to his father about the job issue and did tell him what had transpired. I wanted to respect his son not wanting me to continue contact with them while also not looking like a jerk by avoiding his parents. His dad wasn't having that. He told me he really likes me and if his son has a problem with that, he will stand on his own two feet. We're neighbors and have gotten along really well. Neither of us speak about his son and keep our relationship separate, which I really appreciate. After the conversation with his dad, I sent him a text saying that I respect his decision and would leave him alone. He called yelling at me again. I didn't entertain the argument, and we haven't spoken since. I don't understand why he was more angry when I said I'd leave him alone since that's what he asked of me.