View Single Post
Old 04-28-2003, 09:39 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
vicki
Paused

Kimmie

I have shivered and shook it out many times, That's how I phsically got over alcohol. But only the last time when someone took me to aa and dropped me off by myself have I stayed sober and I didn't even know what i was walking into. Take it one day at a time, meaning, anyone can stop drinking one day at a time. Get info on AA in your area and go. Besides, you don't even have to be sober to show up. Only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking, I diodn't have that when i got to AA, you already do. AA is for those who have not found a way out of alcoholism. I drank because i liked the effect produced-it made my fear disappear, I believd I was as good as everyone else and I found out early that if I got angry alcohol would make that disappear, but later it truned on me and I got more afraid (cocky), angier and into blind, violent rages, and felt worthless. I drank whixkey and this iole' gal was a loud, crazy, vicous drunk, who could also be fun. Sobriety-freedom from alcohol thru the practice and teaching of the Twelve Steps is the sole purpose of an AA group (adapted from Problems other alcohol-by Bill W.) I do not regret my past and aam most happy to share with anyone. Remember we have all been there vicki