Old 04-24-2021, 09:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Grateful09

Hello CBS62!
I've been feeling down this week about the ongoing symptoms too. Wow, last night was a doozy visit from the ol' AV. I've had the same message from the Drs - they remind me that after a long long time drinking I should expect symptoms for a while, and as long as all tests checked out OK (which they did), I should keep up with the program. But I do get awfully tired of the PAWs, and I have personal experience with the experiment you (or your AV) are thinking about. Last fall after a long stretch sober, I decided to have a few to see if some of the weirdo symptoms would go away. They did, for about a day, and then came back worse than ever. And I kindled worse than ever. And I felt defeated. So this time, I am determined to keep going. I will have 4 months on May 7, and 4 months is awesome but some healing probably takes longer in the larger scheme of things (the years and years of drinking). I appreciated Biminiblue's advice and may do the same, particularly for health anxiety. I believe that there is some relief coming though. I know it's tough with the symptoms (I really do know) but let's keep going !!!