View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 06:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
JustJohn
Hangovers Suck!

Originally Posted by least View Post
I drank after 20 yrs sober. Drank for almost 3 yrs. But now I'm sober over 11 yrs. It's hard but it can be done.
Originally Posted by advbike View Post
It was 3 years for me, when I thought I could have a glass of wine while on a trip to Thailand. It quickly turned back into my old nightly routine, and it took me 3 more years of on and off, starting and stopping to get back here and get serious about it.

You can absolutely do it here, start reading and posting daily, join the April class and kick it to the curb. Don't mess around with it.
Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Was same for me Kamm. Drank after 5 years and used same reasoning as yourself...didn't work for me either. . I'm now 16 months sober.

It can be done if you want it Kamm, and I know that you do.

And I know you know how.

Just do it.
Welcome back - and as you can see, you're one more of many members of this not so exclusive club. 3 years, 7 months for me, then 13 years on and off boozing. We all seem to have had that common denominator of taking that first drink that deep down we knew would end in disaster...

OK - step one: Forgive yourself and get to work doing whatever it takes to quit. We are here for you!