Old 04-19-2021, 08:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
HardLessons

When she wrote me her commitment letter (back when) I honestly thought it was real & she was sincere. I had not asked her for a letter or any written commitment. Looking back on it now I honestly believe it was nothing more than manipulation the likes of which I had never experienced before. She knew exactly how to manipulate me. Shes extremely good at it.

Yes during the relationship with our addicts we have no choice but to normalize / accept tons of never ending bizarre behavior & sketchy stuff. Its part of being dragged down to their level.

Our addicts number one priority is getting high & maintaining their addiction. It takes time for us to understand that concept. Once we come to that understanding its an extremely bitter pill for us to swallow.

You seem like an intelligent woman. Whatever you decide to do with your addict, I hope you no longer allow him & his addiction to influence decisions concerning your life. Only make decisions which are best for you. Your life & future are on the line here.