Old 04-15-2021, 12:57 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Plenny

Thanks for asking, Phoebe,

Fonda is a six month old male, large breed mutt. That said, he may be a Catahoula, which is a very specific kind of mutt, including American wolf, Mastiff, bloodhound, and greyhound. He also might be another kind of mutt, a Dogo Argentino, which was an intentional breed created in South America. I don't know! He's very very big, 60lbs at 6 months old. I am trying very hard to train him well, it's really a challenge. I just saw him in someone's arms, he was an abandoned Christmas present, and I couldn't deal with all the people that were looking at him to try to adopt him so I kept him, regardless of the bad timing and the financial strain I was under. My home is a better place for him than where I'm sure he would have ended up. He is willful and a little rebellious when I try to get him to come inside from the back yard, but he is the sweetest, friendliest little boy ever. He refuses to be crate trained, but he's so good in the house it really hasn't felt like a necessity. I'm so grateful.

Speaking of sugar cravings, I bought myself a big chocolate cookie and some chocolate milk to have while my coworkers are drinking their wine after our shift. They don't care who drinks or doesn't, and they're familiar with my ons/offs and know my history. If I'm going to be in this kind of environment (I do want out), I suppose this is an ok version.

Glad to hear your daughter is so supportive, phoebe