View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 02:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
stickyone

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
Trying to decide what to do can be agonizing. For me, I have to remember that sometimes the best thing to do is nothing. You're doing the right thing by bouncing your feeling and thoughts off of other people who you trust. If you are close to your family, that might be a good resource. Also, individual counseling might help if you can find a therapist you respect/trust. You are growing as a man. But you are also uncovering new and foreign feelings. It is usually advised that a recovering addict make no big decisions in the first year of sobriety. You are approaching that milestone. So it's not like you're being hasty. I think you are doing the right things Sticky.
I try to take all factors in consideration including taking responsibility for my actions in the past. That has also impact our marriage with alot of negativity. With covid19 it has affected alot of people mentally and even though she is not in recovery. I know it's affecting her mental health but she isn't finding a solution or a way of coping with it.. So things are getting alot worse in my opinion . Things are hard but when is it not , if it was easy everyone would be doing whatever. What I'm trying to say is am I waving the white flag trying to surrender and quit too soon. Maybe there is more growing I can do if I keep going forward for the both of us. And the other side says do you keep taking a emotionally beating as and outlet for her coping? I say hell no. My recovery and my physical and mental health must come first.