View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 01:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
BeABetterMan

Originally Posted by stickyone View Post
Hey BABM

Thanks for sharing this has really brought some insight on my current situation. I can understand that she will not even try in the marriage counseling. Maybe it will take time. Divorce is a word that should not be thrown around I'm front of the kids. Which I did I was so fed up at that time. My oldest was there I spent time trying to explain it in the best way possible. I just got to keep focus on my recovery and I'm sure I'll will come up with a solution or not but I will grow from it.
Trying to decide what to do can be agonizing. For me, I have to remember that sometimes the best thing to do is nothing. You're doing the right thing by bouncing your feeling and thoughts off of other people who you trust. If you are close to your family, that might be a good resource. Also, individual counseling might help if you can find a therapist you respect/trust. You are growing as a man. But you are also uncovering new and foreign feelings. It is usually advised that a recovering addict make no big decisions in the first year of sobriety. You are approaching that milestone. So it's not like you're being hasty. I think you are doing the right things Sticky.