View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 11:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
stickyone

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I am sure it's a very difficult position to be in. It's nigh impossible for us to change the behaviors of others, or even know "why" they do what they do - it's hard enough for us to change our own behaviors/habits.

Is she aware that your intentions ( or at least your thoughts ) are to consider divorce as a real option? It seems to me that you are asking for advice on that particular topic. You are doing a lot of good things to help yourself on the addiction front for certain, and congratulations on your continued sobriety. But on the relationship front, perhaps it's time to take all those issues off the back shelf and put them right on the front burner so to speak. That might have to take place via a third party if your relationship is too contentious, but you have to get the issue out there on the table before you can solve it.
Yes the problems don't go away when you get sober they are still there. But yes my addiction put it in the back burner and now it's up front I'm feeling the heat. 313 days is a good start. But I know there is alot more work and growing too do. Not trying to erase the past but doing the best I can today to ensure a better future.