View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 11:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by stickyone View Post
Had many conversations about it. People have different ways of coping mines was abusing my prescription opiates. As you know Anna I haven't drank alcohol or did any illegal recreational drugs in 8 years. Today is day 313 off opiates and commitment to myself and my recovery. Its been brought up many times and she has never followed through. Her coing skills it shopping social media . ihave been to multiple doctors helping me over the years. She has been one for OCD and didn't like what he said and the end.
I am sure it's a very difficult position to be in. It's nigh impossible for us to change the behaviors of others, or even know "why" they do what they do - it's hard enough for us to change our own behaviors/habits.

Is she aware that your intentions ( or at least your thoughts ) are to consider divorce as a real option? It seems to me that you are asking for advice on that particular topic. You are doing a lot of good things to help yourself on the addiction front for certain, and congratulations on your continued sobriety. But on the relationship front, perhaps it's time to take all those issues off the back shelf and put them right on the front burner so to speak. That might have to take place via a third party if your relationship is too contentious, but you have to get the issue out there on the table before you can solve it.