View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 02:44 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by FiveX
I know the best thing is to just quit for good.
Originally Posted by FiveX View Post
I gotta be honest and say I plan on having some beers this weekend. Going to spend time with family for a night. Then we will see. I have one other 'drinking' event lurking which is a birthday party for an old friend. After that the calendar is clear. Just gotta get my mind right. Which obviously I know it currently isn't or I wouldn't be planning to drink! Duh.
Hi FX,
I definitely recall your last five days as being the kind of avoiding quitting I tried for quite a while. But you knowing that doesn’t help you.

What it reminds me of that happened since I quit was how I felt when I knew I was going to be spending the weekend with my (now wife) girlfriend way back then just months after I quit for good. The anticipation of that deep pleasure of love and sex that was about to happen over the weekend was the cat’s pajamas. It had that deep pleasure similarity to all those drunken weekends I had desperately failed to manage for so many years. But, it also had 1000 times more goodness, moral standing, and opportunity for a future of happiness. What was then a new deep pleasure of love for my wife has been totally integrated and is now part of who I am.

In any case, I bet you must have enjoyed yourself this past weekend and hopefully avoided any troubles or side pains due to your drinking.

GT