View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 02:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Any alky slip I commit is a relapse. i have to be a big boy and suffer when things don't make me happy.

I am frustrated from work today. This aggressive coworker crossed the line, I warned him too, and I had to get a little awkward. Then he got offended. Grrrr....I warned him too.

So frustrating. But, on the bright side here. If I was a drunk still, I likely would have not handled the situation well, if at all. I might have rolled over and let him run all over me. So....there is that.

I am so glad I read your post. Thanks for helping me.

Anyway...

There are other ways, that are not going to make me certifiably insane, to make it all go away. Lifting heavy things, running until I can't breath right, watching some comedy or horror movie. You know the deal. Just working my therapy here.

I could not handle drinking anymore, it was killing me. I was heavily poisoned in mind and body. I am still healing.

I still drink coffee because I rationalize things are ok with it.

But, I wonder if I quit coffee too, would I be even better. Same decision I had with booze. Is coffee adding to my early demise.

Sugar as well. Last night I pounded 2 large delicious cookies and a sugary power bar. Pure poison. It is my addiction.

I don't know what to do. I need the coffee and a need the sugar. Somehow I was able to not need the booze anymore.

Booze is poison. It is a gov't sanction, highly addictive, brain damaging, neuro toxin. I hate the stuff.

Frustrating.

Thanks.
yep....

sugar and caffeine were the true original gateway drug for me..... I need them daily. DO I need them though?

I know it is incredibly hard to come off them.... government sanctioned poisons also.... sugar responsible for all sorts of brain chemical issues. Caffeine for all sorts of negative impact to the nervous system..... both a clear physical and psychological dependence.....

progress. not perfection. perhaps one day I'll also be free of these and live again like the spirit I was born into....