Thread: Bac
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 09:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
WindPines

Bac

Happy Thursday y'all.

I wanted to write this down, and to share it with you all. It has been a bit over two weeks since I got sober. Also, it has been a week and a half since I was discharged from the psych unit where I detoxed.
Last night I was chatting with an old acquaintance, and found out that she has nearly three years of sobriety. We shared certain parts of our stories, and when I was admitted into the ER a couple Tuesdays ago, my BAC was .288. I later looked that up, and realized how close it is to nearly dying. The scariest part about finding that out was that most nights, I drank even more than I did that night. They took my blood a couple hours after I got to the ER, so I'm assuming it was higher earlier that evening.
That, and my psych ward stay should be enough to think back on to keep my sober.
I know that that's not enough though, and that's why I'm talking to therapists, getting medical help, and also attending AA on a regular basis.

Just thought I would share that... Hopefully it's an eye opener to someone who reads it. It sure was for me.

Peace and Love!