Notices

Bac

Old 03-11-2021, 09:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bac

Happy Thursday y'all.

I wanted to write this down, and to share it with you all. It has been a bit over two weeks since I got sober. Also, it has been a week and a half since I was discharged from the psych unit where I detoxed.
Last night I was chatting with an old acquaintance, and found out that she has nearly three years of sobriety. We shared certain parts of our stories, and when I was admitted into the ER a couple Tuesdays ago, my BAC was .288. I later looked that up, and realized how close it is to nearly dying. The scariest part about finding that out was that most nights, I drank even more than I did that night. They took my blood a couple hours after I got to the ER, so I'm assuming it was higher earlier that evening.
That, and my psych ward stay should be enough to think back on to keep my sober.
I know that that's not enough though, and that's why I'm talking to therapists, getting medical help, and also attending AA on a regular basis.

Just thought I would share that... Hopefully it's an eye opener to someone who reads it. It sure was for me.

Peace and Love!
Old 03-11-2021, 09:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks, WindPines. I never had an opportunity to get a BAC count, but I’m sure if I had I would have been shocked to see what it was. What a solid reminder for you to reference back when the AV is in your ear, along with all your other tools. (BTW, we got sober around the same time.)
Old 03-11-2021, 09:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're using this to help you move forward with your recovery.
Old 03-11-2021, 10:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

.34bac when I crashed my truck head-on into a concrete barrier at well over 80mph, for dui #2..I still didn't get/stay sober after that until I committed and put in the 'work' to do so..it's tuff at first but,definitely no where near impossible.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Go to meetings. Then go to meetings. After that go to meetings.

You will find hope. Support. A plan. And God.

Wishing you strength and humility to admit that YOU DON’T GOT THIS. You need help. Not many of us can do this alone using our best thinking. Your best thinking got you drunk to death. Alone you almost killed yourself.

I can not do this alone. It is so simple for me. If I go to meetings, I don’t drink. If I skip meetings, simply, I die.

Old 03-11-2021, 04:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad you're still with us WP

D
Old 03-12-2021, 08:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Been going to meetings, been writing, been contacting people.

Thanks all~
Enjoy the weekend