Thread: 4 Months
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 11:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Skyhawker

4 Months

Hey All, figured I'd give a shout out. Can't believe its been 4 months... Things have definitely been improving in every aspect of my life. Work has noticed a massive leap in productivity from me... big surprise there I guess. I even managed to complete a new certification in the process. Its nice going to work and not having to worry if people notice if I'm hung over. I had some blood work and a CT scan done, my doctor is concerned about my pancreases because I do get occasional abdominal pain. The results all came back better than expected. They noted everything looked normal, even my liver isn't fatty anymore, which is nice . The pancreases had a pseudocyst on it 2 years ago, but that has since healed itself. My Dr. looked at me "now don't get any ideas..." I stopped him mid sentence and said "you're totally right, this is a second chance that I probably won't get again." Triggers are still there but, its easy to ignore them and they go away on there own. I've found that chamomile tea helps a lot in the evening.

Anxiety is completely gone now, which has been huge. I used to get anxious just driving on the highway, now I don't even give it a second thought. Sleep has been weird... but I'm figuring it out I guess. Even with the weird sleep patterns I'm 10x more productive than before. I still haven't gone to an AA meeting yet, but have been meaning to. I do see a counselor twice a week though so... that kind keeps me honest. Maybe I'll try an online AA meeting.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Keep on keeping on!