Notices

4 Months

Old 03-07-2021, 11:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 Months

Hey All, figured I'd give a shout out. Can't believe its been 4 months... Things have definitely been improving in every aspect of my life. Work has noticed a massive leap in productivity from me... big surprise there I guess. I even managed to complete a new certification in the process. Its nice going to work and not having to worry if people notice if I'm hung over. I had some blood work and a CT scan done, my doctor is concerned about my pancreases because I do get occasional abdominal pain. The results all came back better than expected. They noted everything looked normal, even my liver isn't fatty anymore, which is nice . The pancreases had a pseudocyst on it 2 years ago, but that has since healed itself. My Dr. looked at me "now don't get any ideas..." I stopped him mid sentence and said "you're totally right, this is a second chance that I probably won't get again." Triggers are still there but, its easy to ignore them and they go away on there own. I've found that chamomile tea helps a lot in the evening.

Anxiety is completely gone now, which has been huge. I used to get anxious just driving on the highway, now I don't even give it a second thought. Sleep has been weird... but I'm figuring it out I guess. Even with the weird sleep patterns I'm 10x more productive than before. I still haven't gone to an AA meeting yet, but have been meaning to. I do see a counselor twice a week though so... that kind keeps me honest. Maybe I'll try an online AA meeting.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Keep on keeping on!
Old 03-08-2021, 12:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Skyhawker,

Yes, I have similar problems with anxiety during my recovery....Only 67 days sober, I know its still early and I still have quite a bit of ways to go before things get better....

But I’m still hanging in there and letting the good days get me by...The bad days however are slowing me down and giving me discouragement...

Yet, I’ll keep pressing on...Im sure you will too.

Intro

Old 03-08-2021, 12:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 4 months and on the improvement in your health skyhawker. Let us know what you think about the online meeting

D
Old 03-08-2021, 05:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fantastic job, man! 4 months is amazing, and you are reaping the benefits.. anxiety is so debilitating, glad it diminished.

Not sure if you workout, but regular hard exercise helps my sleep, and my anxiety. When I don't get out on the bike regularly, like the past week, I get all messed up.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 4 months!
Old 03-08-2021, 06:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

4 months of recovery is great and it sounds like you're doing well.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great news - and good on you for recognizing that it's cause to be grateful, but not throw a party! Keep up the good work!
Old 03-10-2021, 12:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on 4 months.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the congrats and encouragement .

Yes, I have similar problems with anxiety during my recovery....Only 67 days sober, I know its still early and I still have quite a bit of ways to go before things get better....
It gets loads better, especially the anxiety. I also used to get a little disoriented while driving on the highway and I'd get eyestrain trying to focus. That has virtually been eliminated, I just have to remind myself how bad things were before and that keeps me going. Around 60 days I had to focus on what was coming and that I was doing myself a huge long term favor. Distractions helped a ton for me. I played old video games surfed the internet w/e I could do to take my mind off of drinking. In about 30 min or so the cravings would go away and I'd get on with the day. Keep it up, its sooo worth it!

Not sure if you workout, but regular hard exercise helps my sleep, and my anxiety. When I don't get out on the bike regularly, like the past week, I get all messed up.
I need to start exercising... I had to run 200 yards to get out of the weather the other day I could not believe how out of shape I was all huffing and puffing... I have asthma so I try to stay away from public places like the gym because of covid. I'm slated to get the vaccine in about a month, when I do I'll venture out. You'd think I'd lose weight without the booze, but I've maintained it. Just been eating a lot more than I did before. I told myself I wasn't going to go on some crazy diet while I got of the booze, it was going to be hard enough as it is/was and I didn't need another challenge to get in the way. One step at a time, one day at a time.

Great news - and good on you for recognizing that it's cause to be grateful, but not throw a party! Keep up the good work!
Haha, I did party. Went to Red Lobster with my brother and Grand Ma lmao!