Thread: Holy Moly!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 03:30 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
anxiousrock
Samantha

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
Wow. One sponsor does not the program make. I would recommend continuing attending meetings. Meetings, for me, have been the most important part of AA. I really cringe when I hear you think about walking away from AA. Do you think AA has anything to do with the sobriety you've achieved? I have found that sponsors are as different as flavors of ice cream. I have not grown from most of my sponsors. But two of them I stay in contact with to this day. One works the program religiously. The other has stepped away for a while. But all three of us have taken a lot from the program and it continues to drive our lives and our sobriety.
the thing is, I don't have a car, and to get to the club house its 45mins, one way without one. I can't dedicate 2.5hrs per meeting, times to meetings a day to AA, plus step work and readings. I just can't. When I'm back in my office (working from home), I am normally out from 8-7 or later.
I am too mentally and physically unstable right now to sponsor anyone.
when I said I need to focus somewhat on my physical health as well (syncope due to low blood pressure) I was told I have to focus on the fellowship and that zoom isn't a real meeting.
I will continue meetings, but I guess I'm sans sponsor, which is why I thought if try smart recovey or something.