View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 01:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
D122y
Blue Belt

My stamina has increased and increased. My sleep has gotten better and better. Everything is more enjoyable. My morning routine, vacations, shopping, driving....everything.

The addiction is weak in me now, but it is still there. Like a ghost, haunting me. But, I have had great success pushing the urges to relapse out and away. That is the curse of the addiction.

It is for life. It adds to my character. Battle hardened, cool, calm, grateful, and kind.

We are on day 4 of 6 at Disneyworld , FL. Walking 6 miles a day used to be so much more difficult for me.

I don't rip through it like I dream to, but I get it done and keep smiling the whole time.

I see folks boozing at spots around the park ($20 a drink) and I am sad for them. I know the booze is going to give them that short little buzz and then sap their energy hard. I wonder how many of them make it until closing time. I used to bring a water bottle filled with vodka. I would be so wasted. I never made it until closing. I was the king of the party poopers. So sad.

For all vacations since I changed my lifestyle to non drinking, Ive made it every night. Proud to be the first in and last out. That is how I try to roll these days.

I did push ups and stretches in the room yesterday since the walking does little for the upper body, and the legs get so tight.

That is how it is done for me.

Love love love.

Thanks for the therapy.