View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 04:47 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
snitch

Hi everyone.

Sorry I haven't posted recently. I domeead daily but sometimes feel too tired to post .

Erratic, well done on 10 days. keep coming back as they say!!

Viper, sorry to hear that things are all a but up in the air but I have the upmost faith that things will work out for you.

Daisy, ahhhh back to homeschooling!. Let's see what tonight's announcements will bring !!

All is ok with me. Just plodding along really. Still having problems with food but I'll get there. My mum is ok ish but has not appetite and is waiting to hear from her oncologist about whether she is able to take steroids so that she can eat! She has been prescribed them by the hospice and has them already but needs to get a definite yes from the oncologist. She has been waiting since last wednesday for a response and nothing. I am not happy about that . She is going to call again today to chase up .

My brother has now moved into his own little place and seems to be ok. I sent his wife a message to say that I was sorry that they were splitting up but that I'll always consider her part of our family and wish her well . Omg, I would never have sent that if I was still drinking. I would have probably been a real bitch to her! So glad I am sober and working a programme today. Seren is good, getting cheeked by the day but also more funny, sweet, loving. I just adore her and love being sober and present to watch her grow and change.

I've been helping (or trying to help) a couple of newbies in recovery. One of them doesnt want it enough I feel and she has called me drunk a couple of times and has also been engaging in some really harmful and destructive behaviours. It is horrible to hear but also a big reminder of where I was and where I dont ever want to go back to. My good friend got outbid rehab and drank about 5 days after and is not in a good way. Another friend of mine whi just celebrated a years sobriety is not sure if she is alcoholic or not even tho I have heard her drinking history and I would definitely say she was even tho it's not up to me to diagnose someone else. I went to hers for dinner last week (oops breaking the rules a wee bit) as her daughter was at her dads and she was really low and Seren was at her dads. Anyway she cooked this huge meal but she had bought some non alcoholic beers and some nosecco. I had some of both and Whoa! No no no. Never again. I had one beer and of course it tastes JUST LIKE real beer. I did not feel 100% comfortable drinking it but I did anyway. The nosecco didnt seem to have the same effect but it was still too similar to drinking the real stuff in the way i held my wine glass and it's like a proper prosecco bottle with the corkb and everything. The next evening I actually felt like I wanted to go buy some non alcoholic beers. DANGER DANGER!!!! I shared about it on my morning meeting and then spoke to my sponsor. I certainly wont be doing that again and I also feel I need to take a bit of a step back from my friend as even tho she hasnt had a drink in a year she is one foot in one foot out and I cant afford to be around that.

So anyway thats all of my news. Nothing really much exciting. I am going to get back to OA as that was really helping me with my food issues.

I hope everyone has a good day xxx