View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 10:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SaveHer

The Gift that Keeps on Giving

To spare you my entire back story, I'll just say that AXBF has been, for all intents and purposes, out of mine and my daughter's life for over three years since I filed a restraining order against him and he decided to never use his supervised visitation. In 2017, he violated the restraining order by visiting my daughter when she was in his mother's care. His very belated settlement conference for the violation took place last week. He was offered a diversion of--are you ready for this BS?--parenting classes. I don't see how that helps the situation whatsoever since he is by no means a parent, but at least they didn't dismiss the case completely. My involvement in the case has been nothing but a source of anxiety and stress on top of working full time, being the only parent, dealing with a dying family member, and the general stressors of the pandemic. I was just happy it was over and that I wouldn't have to testify until...

I got a letter in the mail from child support because he requested a review, which is clearly an act of retaliation on his part. Any normal person who committed a crime would be happy with the slap on the wrist he received, but oh no, not this narcissistic jerk. Anything short of full and complete victory just makes him feel more like a victim, so the only thing he can do to get back at me is to request to pay less money for the child he basically abandoned. And funnily enough, he doesn't even pay any child support anyway! He owes thousands in arrears, and the only money I ever received was from an interception of an inheritance he received and garnishment of his wages for a few short months. How can someone request to pay less than the $0 they currently pay? It's absolutely ridiculous! And now I have to spend time that I don't have to spare filling out all of this paperwork.

I feel anxious and enraged and overwhelmed. I need to vent to people who understand. And I feel obliged to warn anyone considering having a child with an alcoholic.