View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 10:53 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
lifewithart

Hey there! you have found your way to the right place. We know all too well the feeling. I went years of seemingly unable to make it a day. It sounds like you are already at the shifting point for the end to come. I found that I needed more support and coping skills, willpower was not enough. It may be conflicting to some here, but I do not believe this forum is enough for most people. As far as support systems, your work may have an employee assistance program, you may find some local counseling and also I have found great success with AA meetings. You can find the meetings in person or there is a zoom meeting starting nearly every 30 minutes or so, 24 hours a day. Here is a link to the zoom meetings:
https://aa-intergroup.org/oiaa/meetings/

Some other coping skills I've developed and do daily is calling my sponsor, wim hof breathing, cold therapy, sauna/steam room, exercise, long walks, healthy diet, morning and evening rituals dedicated to sobriety, prayer and this website.

It sounds like you are ready to be open to any type of help. Try to remain open-minded and try anything that might help you through this. There have been very hopeless situations that have recovered and found a fulfilling, joyful life.

WIshing you all the best