View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 10:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
ciowa

I sometimes think about what other feelings were present when I went to the bar chasing the same experiences you mentioned. One of them was the spontaneity and unpredictable outcomes that could happen. To walk into a bar at 10pm and not know exactly how the night would end and with who was exciting for me. So, now if I ever feel like I need that same type of feeling, i try to think of ways that I might be able to replicate a similar (is somewhat muted or different feeling) sober experience and try that out.
I also would sometimes get almost hyped out of my mind listening to loud music in the bar having the first drinks so nowadays I might listen to the same type of music but when Im jogging or lifting weights. I try to find outlets for different things when I can. An ex gf used to say I was an adrenaline junkie but I didnt see it that way. But, I will try edgy things every now and then in my sober life if I feel like I need a little push. Nothing to intense though since I like having a quieter life without the chaos.