Old 01-30-2021, 12:45 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
HigherDrunk

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
The challenge was likely a difficult one because that's in the nature of my work, but my thought process hit a log jam. I'd never experienced that before, and it was frightening. In general, for the last year or more of drinking, communicating verbally - in person in particular, but in writing as well was terribly frustrating. I couldn't access the words I needed which was particularly disconcerting because I put great store in using accurate language.

O
This sounds like my problem to an extent... though my problem is more frequent and noticeable. Instead of just running into a jam trying to solve a complex problem, I run into 'jams' almost every time I try to form a sentence... especially in my head. (for example whilst I was typing I missed the "my" in my first sentence) As where before I would have never have had this issue to begin with. Maybe I'd have it a day or 2 after a bender but it'd usually go away after a couple of days of abstinence.

I think you mentioned before that you were able to regain your cognitive abilities after 3 months of abstinence. May I ask you how much of your 'wit' you were able regain? (Like through %) Also did you do anything besides remaining sober to combat your issue or was it not that noticeable for you to even bother?