Old 01-29-2021, 10:35 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
RUL23

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Morning Weekenders

Good to see you lifewithart, Katebor, Mizz and RUL.

It took me many hangovers, blackouts, embarrassments, to admitting alcohol wasn’t good for me. The thought of never drinking again terrified me. It had been my crutch for so many years, it was hard to let it go. (Actually it had taken me over, my life lived round my next drink, even though I went to work and thought I acted normally on the outside).

It took a jolt (not quite rock bottom but hanging on by my fingernails) which made me see myself for the first time and I didn’t like me, who I’d become.
After realising I needed to ditch the booze for my health and sanity, and I knowing I couldn’t do it on my own, too embarrassed to talk to a doctor I searched the Internet, found SR and been here ever since.

Nowadays I don’t crave or need a drink to feel better or for a crutch. My life is much better without it. But I stayed here because I’ve met many friends along the way and if I can help one person along the way, I’ll be happy.
thank you! If you don't mind me asking, have you been sober a while now? You guys are an inspiration.

I remember when I drank again in 2018 after 111 days I didn't plan on it. It happen so fast, so quick. Went to the beach. A beach bar with friends. This is after going to a bachelor party and not drinking. But something about that beach made me cave. Didn't stick to my plan. To early in Sobriety.

anyway, found a zoom AA tonight in California where I live. Enjoyed this group even though they are in SoCal and I'm in Bay Area. Hope they don't mind haha.

tomorrow is day 30.