View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 05:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Robbie64

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
There is onIy one Iine in that poem I can't work out.....my mum was Scottish.

Robbie ~ that kind of drinking scares me....and I can hear it scares you too.
So maybe add some tooIs here....pIaying the tape forward, and coming here to taIk to us. s ❤️
I really am scared because it's putting my health in jeopardy. I also smoke heavily when I'm drinking. If I don't drink then I don't smoke. It's weird because I never crave a cigarette until I drink.

Because I've done all my drinking the last 3 days at home I know exactly how much I have drank. In my bin there are 7 boxes of (empty) lager cans. Each box contains 10 cans so that's 70 cans of lager from Friday 1.30pm until last night at 11.55pm. I hate to think how many units of alcohol that works out as being. It's totally unhealthy and mixed with the smoking it's a recipe for a heart attack or stroke. I've already had a heart attack, in 2010. I'm very surprised I haven't had another. Because of how much I drink I'm overweight. When I go for long periods without a drink I sometimes lose weight. I never drank from the end of October to mid December last year and lost three quarters of a stone simply by not drinking, wtahcing what I was eating and going for walks.

I should do what you suggest, not only play the tape forward (I sometimes do this anyway with mixed success) and come to SR and post. I just wish I could cope with the cravings. Or better still, I wish I never got them in the first place.