View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 02:28 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Willow00

Coz, I agree, the not drinking after having a relapse is difficult because the AV ramps up in its trying to justify why it’s ok to drink. But I know that the longer we don’t drink, the weaker the AV gets, so we just have to hang in there, one day at a time, and it slowly gets easier to resist with time. I hope that one day I will barely notice the AV...

Toots, I think you’re right about being in the right head space to commit to not drinking, but also sometimes you just have to stop and the commitment comes with time. Because I think the right head space waxes and wanes for me. Sometimes I feel strong in my resolve and other times I don’t feel strong at all. Sometimes I’m barely hanging on, so it’s just a matter of hanging on for dear life and not drinking until the waves pass over. And come to SR for support when I need it. I think that’s what I forget to do sometimes, I forget to come and post if I’m feeling my resolve wavering.

I had a lovely relaxing weekend, with some gardening and a walk on the beach yesterday

I hope everyone is going ok