Notices

One Year And Under Club Part 67

Old 11-12-2020, 02:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

One Year And Under Club Part 67

Last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-66-a-20.html (One Year And Under Club Part 66)

D
Old 11-12-2020, 03:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello undies!
Just checking in on the new thread.

Have a great day!
Old 11-12-2020, 12:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Good to see you FK, I always worry in case we lose anyone on the transfer from thread to thread!
Old 11-12-2020, 02:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Coz

Great to see you again FK! And congrats on shot gun.

Thanks for the new thread Dee. And thank you for all you do here on SR. I can't imaging this site being anywhere near as good with out you - so sincere thanks.

Willow - how are you? I'm thinking you are having another busy time? I am really understanding that again now. Look after yourself!

Hi to everyone. I've not much to say other than working is tiring and my old very bad sleeping patterns are back. I wake in the night and the brain starts going over the past and thinking about what is coming up and I can't get back to sleep. I so envy people that can sleep well.

Take care all....
Old 11-12-2020, 03:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thank you Coz - much appreciated
Old 11-12-2020, 11:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Coz I sleep so much better in the winter, I'm sure a cold, very dark bedroom helps! In the summer I am lucky to manage 4-5 hours a night. Maybe time to invest in some blackout curtains?
Old 11-13-2020, 01:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Coz

Maybe blackout curtains might work, although quite often I am awake at 3 in the morning and it isn't the light or the bird calls that are waking me. I think for me I need a better way to park my thoughts for the night. I was sleeping much better when I wasn't working and I was very relaxed. It's just something I need to work on now that I don't use alcohol to sedate me at night. Tonight I'm going to try a relaxing spa and put on some white noise to nod off to.

I finished my wishing well project yesterday. Very pleased with myself, but I am not at Charon's level of ability in precision joining!

On to my next project! Take care all and have a great weekend!
Old 11-13-2020, 03:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Looks great to me Coz

D
Old 11-13-2020, 03:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for this new chapter Dee!

Old 11-14-2020, 12:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow Coz, that looks gorgeous! I've had trouble with early morning waking on and off since I quit drinking, I just have accepted it as part of my nature. I use a sleep app and can usually switch off again when I play it. It was a chap I actually first used his stop drinking app then got this one as well.

Good to see you CK

Yes, Dee, thanks for all you do.
Old 11-14-2020, 10:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am joining you all since November class has been pretty quite. I'm sure classes will pick back up a lot in the new year.

Day 5 here.
Old 11-14-2020, 10:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coz View Post
Maybe blackout curtains might work, although quite often I am awake at 3 in the morning and it isn't the light or the bird calls that are waking me. I think for me I need a better way to park my thoughts for the night. I was sleeping much better when I wasn't working and I was very relaxed. It's just something I need to work on now that I don't use alcohol to sedate me at night. Tonight I'm going to try a relaxing spa and put on some white noise to nod off to.

I finished my wishing well project yesterday. Very pleased with myself, but I am not at Charon's level of ability in precision joining!

On to my next project! Take care all and have a great weekend!
It is gorgeous Coz!! ❤❤❤
Old 11-14-2020, 10:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yes thanks Dee! I take 5 mg of melatonin and listen to a blues station to help me sleep. Get 6 or so hours.
Old 11-14-2020, 02:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi Citrus Great to see you here in the Undies and well done in getting to day 5 again.

Thanks Toots and Awake for the sleep ideas. Last night was a much better night - not great, but I got five and half hours of good sleep and feel much perkier this morning.

A bit of weeding in the garden, a few seedlings to repot and some time on my next projects - going to make a couple of stools and some miniature wishing wells for Christmas presents.

Happy weekend to all.

Old 11-14-2020, 02:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 11-15-2020, 12:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Citrus, well done on day 5, those early days are the hardest physically to get through. Post as often as you want here ( though I usually only check in once or twice a day, there are others here more often!)

Awake, hows it going? I take melatonin too! And I have an antihistamine that I take for allergies that makes me drowsy so I take that at night too. Really I ought to be semi comatose!
Old 11-15-2020, 07:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Looks great to me Coz.I only do precision joinery on wee little projects. And some of those aren't so precise. LOL

Don't know if I already posted these. One of Ruthie relaxing outside and one of her playing with a nalgene bone.

Old 11-15-2020, 08:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Gorgeous pics guys, and thanks for the new thread Dee.

I am unfortunately back to day one. I got really stressed out with work and I gave in to the AV on the weekend, after more than 4 months sober! Aside from feeling really awful today, I’m beyond annoyed at myself. And I’m so tired! Alcohol just sucks the life out of me. I know that, but somehow I got blindsided by the illusion of a brief escape from stress and anxiety. It’s such an illusion. I would up feeling sick and the anxiety just escalated. Today has been awful. I’m looking forward to going to bed early tonight. Sober.
If anyone is thinking about drinking, just don’t.
It’s so not worth it.
Old 11-15-2020, 11:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Willow. Now is the time while you are committed again to finding a new way of living, to find the right tools to cope with those AV moments. I want to see you back in the Overs Willow. I know you have it in you to get sober, you have massive determination. What we need to do is find the right tool or combination of tools to deal with the stress moments when AV creeps up. For a start, I suggest printing out your post and keeping it close. Don't be too hard on yourself right now, if stopping was easy there'd be no addicts, be gentle and kind, you need to love yourself back to full strength.

Lovely pics Charon, you can really see her character coming out. Hows things at home?

Monday morning ( Tuesday morning for the time travellers in the future) check in, hows everyone doing?
Old 11-16-2020, 12:17 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks Toots I will get there again! Right now I am so tired. I’ve made it through day 1 and now I just need to go to bed and sleep. I will be back tomorrow for another sober day, and my brain will hopefully be working a bit better tomorrow x