View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 10:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
phoebe64

Good Sunday morning, afternoon, evening, or Monday morning, depending where you are!

It’s day 24 for me. I’ll admit that the weekend is tempting, as my husband has several beers. But, by the time he went to bed, he was visibly drunk. When I’m sober, it’s a worry to me. Of course, if I’m drunk, I don’t notice or care as much. But, last night, he was clumsy, dropping the few cans he was carrying to the basement twice. I worry he’ll fall on the stairs. His father died from such a drunken fall. Then, wasn’t treated properly in the hospital, because they considered him drunk and passed out. He had a brain hemorrhage. This was long before I met my husband, but it’s a haunting story. So sad.

Well, being mindful of all of that, the not fun side of drinking, the danger, can be a helpful tool or reminder to stay sober.

On the upside. I’m enjoying much better sleep, and gradually becoming more productive. I made fresh cod for dinner for husband and myself last night, with sautéed spinach and lemon. I made pizza dough and homemade pizza for our son. He won’t eat fish. Did some organizing in the kit too.

Hope all are hanging in there, and if not, post for support. 💕