Old 01-24-2021, 10:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ConfusedinTx

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
CiTX, I am so sorry for what you are going through right now. I wish it wasn't happening, but it is, and it's very important that you act in your own best interests now, and in the best interests of your child. This means letting go of things he said in the past and focusing on how he is behaving right now. Actions, not words, tell you the truth. I, too, don't understand how someone goes from "I love you" to ignoring you in the space of two weeks, but understanding that is not your biggest concern right now.

Is there somewhere you and your son can go? Family you can stay with while you work out your next steps?
Not really. My mom passed away last year from leukemia. And my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer right after we lost her. He’s doing ok but not in the best health and his house is not EVEN CLOSE to being ready for a toddler. He also has two dogs who are older and would probably bite our son just Bc they aren’t used to small kids. I have one friend who has offered for me to come but we would be sleeping on the couch and as I don’t have a car yet I couldn’t even look for a job. My dad is so upset over all this and is helping me best he can. He’s trying to find another vehicle and give me his car. But there’s only so much he can do...I’m on the lease so my boyfriend can’t kick me out and he’s already said he doesn’t want to break the lease. So. That’s where I’m at. It really does seem like a hopeless situation...if we didn’t have a baby I could just up and leave but with him I can’t. He needs stability and he’s still too little to understand what is goin on so he isn’t being subjected to anything. I’m brainstorming every second of every day to try and figure out a plan. This truly is a horrible situation. I know I’m by far not the only one. I guess that makes me feel a little better to read others stories and know I’m not alone...