View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 09:38 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Charon

Coz & Toots - unfortunately the stir fry came out lousy (at least for me - Mrs loved it). On Mrs urging, I cut corners and used some frozen snow peas, and frozen broccoli and all on me, I somehow overcooked the rice. To me it was pretty tasteless mush. I'm going to add some Spicey Szechaun sauce and pumpkin seeds and make fresh rice to see if I can choke down another helping. Otherwise I'll order a pizza or make a peanut butter sandwich and Mrs can have it all to herself. Last time I use frozen anything in a stir fry. At least the pork was perfect - tender & juicy, Live and learn.

I guess I piddle around doing prep for the stir fry. It actually didn't take long yesterday, or any day, for that matter. I just take my time cutting all the ingredients to precise sizes according to how they cook and feel in your mouth and really trim out the meat so there is absolutely no fat or membrane. I know, I know. I'm way too fussy.

It got to 6°F (-14.4°C) overnight. Ruthie still enjoyed our morning walk out through our woods. I have a coverall with hood that is almost too warm if I wear more than a T-shirt and Ruthie has a heavy sweater that Mrs made from a sleve of one of mine and a quilted coat over that. However, I will be happy when spring gets here.