View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 04:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RainingButtons

Having been in two relationships that were abusive id say there are many red flags here for me would be - you have just had a baby, he persuaded you to give up work and be a stay at home mum, and you have moved house (I’m wondering if you are now distanced from friends / family?) Abusive men (sorry to label him but in my opinion this is abusive) break you down so slowly ... get you vulnerable first and bam there’s the next part of the cycle. The fact he’s even mentioned hitting you ... to me is a huge huge warning. He may hit you and then say “I warned you” He may well come to say “sorry babe I’ve been in a bad place lately can you forgive me?” and like I was - you’ll just be so grateful that he’s acting ok again you’ll “forget” all this until it happens again ... each time it gets worse and it breaks you down further.

I’m sorry but that’s my genuine fear for you here. You have a young baby and understandable you want this to work out but please ... please get some advice from a women’s domestic abuse charity.

Because he ticks several boxes and I suspect you already have a gut feeling this isn't going to end well. Please think up an emergency exit plan hopefully you won’t need it but if you do ... a hidden bag with money - a spare phone (charged and with charger) baby essentials and your passport drivers licence etc in it. Stay safe please xxx