Thread: I'm so bored!
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 04:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
whitejay
Seeking wisdom

Originally Posted by FlyAgain View Post
I’m 2+ years sober and very bored right now, what with dark winter, lockdowns and the rest of it.

I suppose I could drink again, that would fill some time. Back and forwards to the shops buying booze filled an hour, the wretching and pewking in the morning would fill another. Clearing up all the cans and bottles - boy that kept me busy for a bit. Still leaves plenty of time to add any destructive behaviours one could fit in - a huge choice of those.

After a while of filling my time like this I would then be even busier worrying how I’d pay the bills or get money for more booze - but it’s a busy life that, no time for getting bored! Plus got to squeeze in all that self-loathing!!

Sorry to be flippant but there’s nothing more boring than self destructive drinking. Well done on your first weeks! It’s awesome that you’re feeling better. You’ll soon find things to fill the time!
OMG FlyAgain you definitely put my unrelenting/reason for all my drinking- boredom in total perspective ! Thank you for that.