View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 06:21 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
davidjbass

I quit to feel better in both health and mental capacity. Health wise my BP was going up and the only option was to start taking BP meds. Not an option. My eyes were starting to go bad. Alcohol abuse does over long periods of time cause permanent vision loss. I notice my eyes over the past year getting worse. I am an avid golfer. Definitely not an option! Mental wise I was not going anywhere. On my work days I would hit the bar right after work and have 2 to 3 drinks. Then come home and be useless sit on my arse watch the stupid tube and go to bed. Repeat the next day. On the weekends start drinking around 2 pm. Again I would only have 2 or 3 but it would put me in the zombie zone and nothing was getting done around my house. I grew tired of it last Friday January 8, 2021. I went out after work with a golf friend with the intention of only having 1. Which turned into 3. Woke up the next morning and felt like ****! That's when I made the decision to quit for good. I am just not the kind of person that can have 1. And not the kind of person to drink one day and not the next. I came to terms with myself on this 1/9/21. I have been through HELL! the past 8 days. I am never going back.