View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 06:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Mashabo

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Step 9 is making amends so you may get one yet. Either way it doesnt sound like he has been honest with you so far.

I had to let someone go from my life. I wasnt married to him, in fact it was only really a brief affair. He was in recovery too but I felt his recovery programme and his actions didn't match up and that he wasn't being honest with me and it was affecting me in a negative way so I had to let go and let God and I had to really pray for him. I prayed that he would find peace and happiness with the right person but that person was not me. I prayed he would receive everything in his life that I would want in mine. I allowed myself to forgive him. For having flaws. For not being perfect. For being a human being. And I did all of that for my benefit not his. Because I wanted to be free. I did not want him taking up space in my head. I didn't want a hardened heart full of resentment and anger, over something I had no control of. I didnt want my self esteem to suffer. If I wasn't the right person for him then he certainly wasn't the right person for me and that's ok. I did this over and over until I felt no hurt or resentment. Don't ask me how it works, lt just does.. I also believe that rejection is God's protection. Your Higher Power, whether you have one or not, has something bigger and better planned for you and removing your ex is just the beginning of good things to come.

Have faith

♥️🙏

Wow, that’s a beautiful message. Thank you! It’s wise.

I do pray for him, for God to help him in a way that is needed. I hope to forgive him for everything without waiting for his apology.