View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 05:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Mashabo

Originally Posted by velma929 View Post
Bolding mine. That doesn't sound like a compliment, that's a freaking red flag. Analyzing you? What hubris.
When I hear people say he or she has found the "perfect' partner, I wonder if they're operating at an adult level. No one's perfect. And when you think someone could be, then any crack in the surface is an excuse to leave. The perfect person is out there, you just have to dump your current person to find her!
I agree with you totally, Velma! It was a red flag, but I think I was too young to even know what red flag is. I thought “wooow, he thinks I am perfect. He thinks I am so good.” It flattered me of course, because, honestly, I thought if he looked for something pure, real and honest is because he was ready to provide that. I couldn’t have been more wrong.

And now it makes sense why he writes in his diaries “I idealized her”. He thought I was SO perfect, that I would just be next to him always and not tell his parents after all how he is killing himself. Of course I am not perfect and never was. I am a human being. And it hurts he did what he did.

Originally Posted by velma929 View Post
By the way, I'm sure he did love you, as limited as his ability was.
Why do you think that? And if so, how can love disappear so fast? From one day to another. And how person who said loved you only several months ago can now treat you like a piece of s**t while you have been nothing but good and supportive to him.