View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 11:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FlyingDutchMan

Hey Owl, glad you found your way to this section. It’s been a little quiet lately but maybe we can stirs things up a little. Or maybe a post like yours inspires a lurker or two to come forward.

Your first post...parts of it I could’ve written myself. I think it is valuable that you saw what is happening early on after starting to use MJ again and the risks you are running by doing so. It sounds like you have a million reasons to quit and I know this can make it extra frustrating if you feel you cannot.

The whole legalisation thing can be difficult. As you know I come from a country where weed has been readily available for as long as I can remember. The funny thing is...I’ve been to the US a couple of times (pre-legalisation) and I’ve always felt the Americans (sorry for generalising) are much more drawn to MJ than say the average Dutchman. Maybe it has / had something to do with the legal-ness of it here. The average Dutch teenager might try it once of twice, but it didn’t have that secretive aura that it seemed to have when I spent some time in the US. That doesn’t mean that it’s not causing problems here, I don’t want to create that image.

I’ll be checking in here over the course of the weekend and I hope to see some more of your posts.

Stay safe and healthy all!