Thread: Zero Faith
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 08:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
snitch

Yes me 🙋‍♀️

I felt like a complete hopeless case. My very 1st AA meeting was over 13 years ago so I had enough of a problem then to warrant going to an AA meeting. I never went back. 6 years ago after I had my daughter I tried again. I was in and out of AA. I was a member on many different sobriety forums. I was on SMART, Women for Sobriety and Soberistas. I had loads of recovery books and Self help books. You name it I had it. But i kept picking up and picking up. Back to AA again and again and then I found this site but I was a Lurker, never posted. 2 years and 8 months ago I took my last drink. It was a pretty horrific experience and I guess I had what they call in AA my moment of clarity. In the dead of night, feeling desperate, terrified and alone I wrote my 1st post here and then I got back into AA AA did what was suggested. I havent had to pick up a drink since then. There is definitely hope 🙏

I had to be willing to go to any lengths to stay sober. It was hard. The hardest thing I have ever had to do. I wanted to drink so so bad. But I got through each and every one of those mental cravings. I prayed. I read here. I went to AA meetings. I called other alcoholics. Sometimes I just screamed and shouted my way through them. I did whatever it took to not pick up. I joined a class here and posted daily. I lived on SR and in AA. I learnt in AA that I am bodily and mentally different to "normal" drinkers. That I have a physical allergy to alcohol and when I put a drink in me I set off a phenomenan of craving so powerful that I am unable to stop drinking. Knowing that helped me so much. That there would never be moderate or safe drinking for me. Ever. I am literally allergic to alcohol. I learnt my alcoholism centres in my mind. I have a mind that wants me to drink. So I work a programme of recovery. My programme is like my my medicine for my mind.

Only when you have no breath left in your body are you hopeless. where there is life there is always hope. But no one is coming to save you. You are gonna have to work for it and it is tough. But you are not alone and it is worth it.

🙏♥️🙏♥️