Thread: Day 4
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 05:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Raeven58

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
I don't mean to minimize your sense of challenge with your circumstance.... just offering some thoughts that may get you considering ways to use it to your advantage and for your growth.
thank you , when it was warm I was outside every evening,, have a propane fireplace on the porch and it is relaxing, but not very warm. We are on sboutb3 acres, I have a firepit, chairs, solar lights windchimes and candles set up at the woodbine, just out of sight if the house. But again, not liking the cold. I can walk the property some, there are hiking paths and a state park 30 to 45 minutes away. I have hope to continue building back my balance then getting out when the weather breaks.
I really appreciate the closing words. When I read my post, then others stories, I felt like I have been very fortunate, my situation is nothing compared to.so many here. While that is helpful, I need to not minimize my struggles. The fact I was high functioning maybe allowed me to do it longer. I believe, as my.fourth day ends, I've escaped the physical withdrawal, but one more binge could change that.
I'm having a hard time letting go of the release, but I'm not able to stop at release, I stop when the bottle is empty.
Be well, thank you