Thread: Day 4
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 05:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

Originally Posted by Raeven58 View Post
I thought that, I was in suburbs, almost a bedroom community, my commute was 49 miles each way, so I didn't think 10 miles would matter but I do miss the.socialization. no office, no neighbors, just us and the cats. Trying to get more involved in the community but it's the south. I went from a pretty decent job with a lot of responsibility and control to.a place where men aren't sure it's appropriate to shake hands with me,, and if the talk turns political it's like I'm not in the room.. that was a culture shock and is talking some getting used to..
Yeah I can relate to that.... being THAT isolated can be very isolating indeed. I moved out of my small town a few years ago. We live out about 10 miles as well, but then I have 4 children and a dog so there's always someone around!!

I wonder what might unfold for you if you were to use this almost as a 'retreat'. Spend some time in really focused meditation. Develop a routine of planned solitude.... meditation on a schedule, a couple walks in the woods each day... journaling..... pick a half dozen books that are introspective and challenge you to explore your inner wisdom... what might be revealed to you if you fully embrace this opportunity for solace.

Just riffing. I don't mean to minimize your sense of challenge with your circumstance.... just offering some thoughts that may get you considering ways to use it to your advantage and for your growth.