Thread: Day 4
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 01:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Raeven58

Originally Posted by Erica375 View Post
I hear you, Raeven. 60 here, lower back held together by titanium rods an screws. Also grateful I can still walk, but no more running or jogging for me. I'm not supposed to put downward pressure on my spine.

And because of this I had to "retire" and I moved to a more rural area. It was 65 or so miles away from where I had been and I felt like I moved to a foreign country (I lived in a foreign country for 2 yrs in college. Aside from using the same language here, this move was harder.)

I do like the saying, " Bloom where you are planted," but some days I feel like I'm just a big ol' weed.
oh my, I am sorry, and completely understand, physical challenges are a trial. I try to be happy with what I can still do and not miss what I can not.
I'm 6 hours from where I was, it is like a different world. I too have traveled extensively. I often refer to my many scars as badges from a life well lived. I'll adjust, I always have. I felt a bit sorry for myself this morning. I think the alcohol has made coping harder by covering up my angst.
anyone who can wrican with the compassion you did is not a weed but a strong beautiful sun flower always tracking the light..
be well...