Thread: Day 4
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 12:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Erica375
Erica375

Originally Posted by Raeven58 View Post
I'm 62, which is realitively young. I have 2 artificial knees, 2 artificial hips, and a plate in my leg hip 2 knee from fracturing my femur into 3 pieces just over 2 years ago. (complication from hip replacement). I'm lucky to walk without a cane most days, a jog will never happen. Walking on very uneven ground, with big, friendly dogs loose, is tough, almost got knocked over when I tried it, and me getting up off the ground or floor is like a profane demented game of twister. I've been using a step with a bar to improve my balance, it is getting better, hoping to be able to hike in the spring.
I hear you, Raeven. 60 here, lower back held together by titanium rods an screws. Also grateful I can still walk, but no more running or jogging for me. I'm not supposed to put downward pressure on my spine.

And because of this I had to "retire" and I moved to a more rural area. It was 65 or so miles away from where I had been and I felt like I moved to a foreign country (I lived in a foreign country for 2 yrs in college. Aside from using the same language here, this move was harder.)

I do like the saying, " Bloom where you are planted," but some days I feel like I'm just a big ol' weed.