Thread: Day 4
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 09:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Raeven58

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
Moving from a city to a place 10.2 miles to the nearest store is a rare blessing, in my view.

Our lives, our society, our world has lost touch with the simple wisdom of nature. We're out of place in cities. Overwhelmed and assaulted by an onslaught of illusion we begin to interpret as being more 'real' than it ever can be.

Maybe this is a fantastic opportunity for you to rediscover the ancient voice of the earth. Slow, observant walks in the woods are an incredibly powerful medicine.
I thought that, I was in suburbs, almost a bedroom community, my commute was 49 miles each way, so I didn't think 10 miles would matter but I do miss the.socialization. no office, no neighbors, just us and the cats. Trying to get more involved in the community but it's the south. I went from a pretty decent job with a lot of responsibility and control to.a place where men aren't sure it's appropriate to shake hands with me,, and if the talk turns political it's like I'm not in the room.. that was a culture shock and is talking some getting used to..