Thread: Day 4
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 09:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Raeven58

Originally Posted by Dejvice View Post
Living remotely can be a challenge for sure. I understand it is cold where you are and don't know your age. Nevertheless, try and get out even for a walk or try a gentle jog 2 miles or so. Make that commitment to walk those two miles everyday no matter what, then build it up to a jog, then extend the distance a little more. Exercise (running) worked / works in what ever weather for me and building up the miles over the months has paid / and still pays dividends.
I'm 62, which is realitively young. I have 2 artificial knees, 2 artificial hips, and a plate in my leg hip 2 knee from fracturing my femur into 3 pieces just over 2 years ago. (complication from hip replacement). I'm lucky to walk without a cane most days, a jog will never happen. Walking on very uneven ground, with big, friendly dogs loose, is tough, almost got knocked over when I tried it, and me getting up off the ground or floor is like a profane demented game of twister. I've been using a step with a bar to improve my balance, it is getting better, hoping to be able to hike in the spring. At the gym I'm ok on a treadmill, I got for time, not distance, but I had a nasty cold so haven't been to the gym in a couple weekz. COVID makes everyone paranoid, plan to take back up next week.
appreciate the suggestion but it isn't feasible.. however I do try to get outside everyday,, if onky for a short time,, and have a lot of projects waiting when I feel a little better.