View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 10:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SMB

Was I too harsh in chucking him out?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 20months. He was sort of unemployed when we met and he didnt drink that much. He moved in with me eventually. As a result of not being able to find a job he gets depressed and turns to alcohol. He tends to binge drink , doesnt drink every single day , sometimes goes for a few days without a drink. Can sometimes drink 750ml of whisky or brandy in under 12 hrs. Once he starts drinking he cannot stop. I on the other hand do not drink much alcohol and detest a man being drunk around me. If hes drunk I tend to flip which then ends in him verbally and emotionally abusing me. He has never become violent. He drinks on the sly and hides the empty bottles from me. When I give him fuel money he buys booze.The only time we argue is when he has had too much to drink. He has said before that he will get help but never has. Other than that he is an extremely loving person and often cooks dinner for me. I actually saw a future with him. Last week he came home drunk and i flipped . I told him the we needed to separate for a while and he needs to get help and sort his life out. He said he was going to stay with a friend and I even gave him money. I subsequently found out he lied about where he was going. Now I dont trust him. He is pleading to come back and says he loves me and says he can go for counselling while we are together. I said that he needs to do this before we get back together and needs to find a job and sort his life out. Now he tells me that I chucked him on the street and treated him bad. I have done and given him so much and I still love him very much and want to make things work.The fact that he doesnt work is also starting to get to me. I feel hes not doing enough to look for a job
Please help!