Thread: afraid
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 01:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kdperry4

afraid

hi all. I'm fairly new here. i'm writing because i'm concerned about whether or not this is worth it anymore. my boyfriend is a recovering addict. he abused benzos and opiates. but I'm afraid that he's sort of a dry drunk. like, he's sober, but it doesn't seem like he's taking his sobriety seriously. he gambles, he drinks occasionally, and he is still very obsessed with drugs and is constantly talking about them. it's so frustrating. like what is the point of getting clean if you're just going to continue the same habits that lead you to using? I love him a lot, but I don't want this to be my life. i'm constantly worrying about whether or not he is going to use again. the lucky part for me is that we're are still very early on in our relationship. we're not married, and we don't have kids. and as much as I can see us totally taking our relationship to the next level, it's absolutely terrifying when he doesn't seem to value his own security.
I don't really have much of a question here. I just needed to vent. if anyone has any words they'd like to share, i'm totally open to listening. thanks for reading.