View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 02:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Willow00

Yes I am looking at getting more counselling Toots. I also did a DNA test at the urging of my doctor, to see how I metabolise different medications. We have discussed antidepressants on a number of occasions and I have previously tried a couple which I stopped due to negative side effects. My doctor recommended the testing to see if we can figure out a better way forward. I have been seeing her for a number of years now and she’s thorough and I trust her. I got an email today that the results are back, so now I need to make another appointment with my doctor. I may not go on any medications, but I will consider my options with my doctor, both regarding medications, alternatives and counselling. I still don’t think I have had the right counsellor, mostly because both of the previous ones thought a glass of wine or two was a good way to unwind, and I never fully opened up to them because of that. So I think I need a different focus in counselling, not just grief/depression, but also addressing addiction. I know not all counsellors do the same things, so I need to chat to my doctor more about my options, because grief and depression were the main reasons I went previously.