Old 10-25-2020, 07:27 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
relena

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
More than anything huh? Well, AA is free. So now what excuse do you have?
Wow thanks. AA made me horribly uncomfortable and they're not holding meetings.

Originally Posted by Hodd View Post
This is dark stuff indeed.

It’d be a very poor doctor who says cirrhosis is a death sentence, and even that dreaded* condition is manageable, but drinking alcohol will cause further damage so would have to stop. I post on a liver forum, and people often say they have lesser conditions such as fatty liver or their blood test results are high, and then they follow up by asking if they can still drink x glasses of wine a week, etc. The answer, even if their GPs are too battle weary to say it, is no.

* Without wishing to make this thread a bit darker, cirrhosis has to be in every drinker’s mind. It really has zero symptoms until it’s reached an irreversible stage. We can analyse why we drink, speak to counsellors to get to the bottom of why we drink, etc, but whilst continuing to drink, the liver is struggling to cope. Reading about those who went from no symptoms at all one month to being told they need a liver transplant the next was enough for me to quit forever.
Guess i'll have to move back to Colorado and hope I have enough time to qualify for a prescription under physician-assisted dying laws if that happens.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
If you stay sober tho you might be able to put some money aside to see someone to get the script for what ever worked before?

one thing is for sure - things are not likely to get better if you keep drinking - I know you said you think your skin was better as a drinker but that's not a great reason to keep drinking, especially if you have a child who needs a parent.

I can't give you a guarantee but I'm confident things will look better for you, inside and out after a couple of months sober

D
I had to quit my job back in June as a barber because Covid cases were so out of control. I have almost nothing in my bank account.

Study Projects Up To Half a Million U.S. Coronavirus Deaths by End of February

I've been trying to find a job where I can social distance and work safely since June. I live with my senior citizen parents, no luck. I made the mistake of spending some of my money on cheap booze. So many people aren't taking this seriously. Going sober should be easier this time. I'm terrified to leave my house except to take out the trash.