Thread: Finally leaving
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 05:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
BitingTheBullet

Thank you all for the support. I know I am the bad guy. I always am. My daughter has some new to her furniture stored in the garage and somehow he knocked over the bookcase. I wasn't there but somehow it was my fault! It’s comical at this point. I am concerned, that he will “lose it” when he realizes I am leaving but I have to. I have told him twice I am leaving just generally said “I’m not staying here with you alone.” I haven't specifically said “I rented an apt, signed the lease and am moving Nov. 14.” So he ignored the two times I said I am leaving you. I know there used to be a thread of crazy things our alcoholics do and this list belongs there but here it is. In the past month he; face planted on the street while walking to buy more booze resulting in a good samaritan driving by calling 911 for him, and a trip to the ER. Two front teeth broken and a concussion. He accused a neighbor’s landscapers of stealing his tools, then went back 3x to apologize all drunk. He called the sheriff for a welfare check on another neighbor. I called the sheriff back to say I thought he was actually trying to ask for help for himself is there anything they can do? Nope nothing they can do unless he threatens to harm himself. When the deputies came to our house to tell him not to visit the neighbor anymore, they're fine they didn't answer the door because they just don't want him visiting, he asked if the deputies were concerned about the marijuana he had growing in our garage? (There isn't any) But then complained that they constitutionally were obligated to search our whole house and told everyone how incompetent the sheriff’s dept. is!! The man is off the rails. And I need some peace in my life. Thank you all for being a venting space, a safe place and a supportive community. It helps.