Old 10-24-2020, 11:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

I understand how stuff like that can scare you but a lot of damage can be halted, even reversed with continued abstinence,

I'm not a Doctor, but while I'm sure there's nothing there in that quote that's wrong, Dr Google will often give you the worst case scenario.

I have hypertension, but I had that before my first drink....it's controlled now by meds and my BP is perfect.
Similarly my cholesterol is naturally high but it runs in my family - good diet and meds keep that good now as well.

I don;t have any social occupational or psychological damage now I'm sober.

Despite drinking for decades the doctors assure me my liver is fine - go figure.

Scaring people, even in a noble giving out information sense, means more clicks for sites which is what Googles all about.

I'm not saying all this to make you feel bad - I'm just trying to share my belief things get better.
My source is not some website, but my own experience

I'm not much about how I look - I'm male and heading to 60 - but if it matters to you it's important, relena.

Like said it takes time tho - you're giving it 3 weeks or four weeks - but what if your skin clearing up, eyes getting brighter, organs repairing (if they need to) may take longer than that?

D